Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Be Mine

     So, I've been training someone at work since last week which is the reason for my lack of blogging! But, alas, I am back! Happy belated Valentine's Day to everyone! I hope it was a fabulous day! I had a nice evening with the hubby getting dinner at Spice Modern Steakhouse downtown. We had never been there and had a really good time. The food was very food and the atmosphere was intimate. I didn't think about taking pictures until after we had left the restaurant!....Rookie mistake! ; )
     After seeing people post things about Valentine's Day on their Facebook page, I got to thinkin....If you would have asked me how I felt about Valentine's Day a couple of years ago, my answer would have been much different than it is today! While I enjoy getting flowers and eating at nice restaurants, I just feel that the "holiday" is very overdone. I really don't care to get a heart shaped box of Russell Stover chocolate- I mean really, does anyone actually like the way they taste? However, Godiva is a totally different story. I will ALWAYS welcome some Godiva (My thighs....not so much). The point is, so much money gets spent celebrating one day of "love" when I feel like we should be expressing this kind of appreciation for one another year round. I think Valentine's Day meant more to me before I got married because I didn't have an anniversary to celebrate. Now that I'm married, I'd rather focus all the extravagant hooplah towards my anniversary. While I did enjoy my evening out, I would have been content with a homemade candle lit dinner and a bottle of wine. Maybe next year we'll start a new tradition!



      One of the "Redneck Wine Glasses" we sent my mom for Valentine's Day!

     My parents are coming into town this weekend for President's Day and I'm really hoping that they bring the wine glasses! If so, it's on like donkey kong!!

    
  

No comments:

Post a Comment